Here are some direct links to jump straight to specific sections of this Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review:
It’s pretty simple, actually – people have a hard time following diets that are too hard to understand, or that base their claims on complex theories about the nature of food and calories that nobody ever heard of. Some diets require portions so small and total caloric intake so meager that dieters feel as if they’re continuously starving.
The Diet Handbook and Beyond Calories together are part of the program called “Fat Loss 4 Idiots,” but that’s a misnomer. They treat their readers like adults, logically explaining the concepts underlying their diets without treating them like idiots: there are no intimidating graphs or bewildering barrages of medical terms and Latin phrases, just clear explanations of why they work..
The diets outlined in the two books are different, and are designed to produce somewhat different results, but are based on the same simple ideas:
The body digests and processes food after each meal – it doesn’t wait for the end of the day,
Calories from carbohydrates are different from calories from proteins, and the two must be judiciously mixed during the day, and
Water is a wonderful beverage that helps the body burn and dispose of unwanted fat.
Exercise alone won’t accomplish the goal of weight loss. The Diet Handbook points out that while situps might firm and tone the abs, they’ll still be covered by layers of unsightly fat that must be burned off.
Fat Loss 4 Idiots promise results in as few as ten days. The Diet Handbook advocates eating at least four meals a day, comprised of foods from lists of carbs and proteins. Beyond Calories prescribes six meals a day, each about half of what the dieter usually eats in a meal. Fat Loss 4 Idiots eschew calorie counting, recommending instead that dieters eat more slowly and stop eating when they feel “almost full,” rather than all the way to satiation.
Fat Loss 4 Idiots repeat the same good advice that we learned form our mothers, but it’s advice that bears repeating, such as “starchy foods like rice, potatoes and pasta are calorie-dense and easily lead to putting on weight.” Some advice goes against the conventional wisdom – “Salads aren’t low-calorie” is an example, but they go on to explain that many salads come with all sorts of high-calorie extras, like bacon and croutons, and often are served swimming in a ranch-type dressing.
It’s a shame to diet successfully, only to put it all back on in the six months or so afterward. Recognizing this, Fat Loss 4 Idiots also give recommendations for maintaining weight once the target weight has been reached.
Best of all, Fat Loss 4 Idiots promise attainable weight loss without drastic sacrifice, followed by a new life at a new, more appropriate weight, maintained without dramatic lifestyle changes. Those who’ve tried many different diets should find the common-sense, grown-up approach to weight loss and dieting put forth in these books a welcome change from the usual fare.
- FORGET THE "HYPE"...and open your Mind
- 2 Weight Loss Choices
- RULE #1 Manipulating Calories
- RULE #2 Eat 4 Meals Per Day
- RULE #3 Prepare Your Meals at Home
- RULE #4 Rotation of Foods
- RULE #5 Plain is Better
- RULE #6 Knowing when to STOP
- RULE #7 Beverages
- RULE #8 Drinking Water to Burn Fat
- RULE #9 Walking
- RULE #10 Stop Looking for "Fat-Free" Foods
- Recap of the 10 Rules
- Sit-Ups are a Waste of Time
- Never do Intense Exercises
- Why Low Carb Diets Don't Work
- Eating for the Rest of Your Life
- Eating at Restaurants
- Eating Fast Food
- Shopping at the GroceryStore
- Rules of Alcohol
- Exercising AFTER theDiet
- Break up Your Meals
- Late Night Eating
- How to Stop RETAINING WATER
- TOP 10 Foods to Avoid
- Using the SCALE
- Losing Weight with Bad Genetics
- The INSIDE SCOOP on Carbs
- The MYTH of Eating Salads
- The MYTH of WHEAT BREAD
- The MYTH of BROWN SUGAR and HONEY
- Summary of What You've Learned
- Diet HELP & Frequently Asked Questions
- Principle #1: "HIGH SATIETY FOODS!"
- Principle #2: "Foods which Control Glucose Output"
- Principle #3: "Unique Food Combining"
- Principle #4: "Eating MORE Often"
- Principle #5: "PRACTICALITY"
- PLEASE REMEMBER...Our Diet FOODS
- Day #1: For Day #1 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 2: For Day #2 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 3: For Day #3 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 4: For Day #4 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 5: For Day #5 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 6: For Day #6 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 7: For Day #7 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day# 8: For Day #8 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 9: For Day #9 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- Day # 10: For Day #10 you're going to eat 6 Meals.
- ALLOWABLE DRINKS for this DIET: END of 10 Day Diet
- HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR NEW SL
IM BODY FOR LIFE
- RULE #1: Eat more often, but eat smaller portions
- RULE 2: AVOID THESE 12 FOODS IF POSSIBLE
- RULE #3: TRY TO EAT HALF OF YOUR DAILY FOOD INTAKE FROM THE FOODS SHOWN BELOW.
- VERY IMPORTANT final point to remember...